5 WAYS TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR CANDLES
Follow these tips to get the best (and safest!) burn.
- Trim that wick! Before lighting, be sure the wick is trimmed to ¼”. This makes for a clean burn and prevents soot build-up. We prefer to use a wick trimmer, but scissors will do the job, too!
- Allow the wax to melt to the edges of the jar each burn to prevent pooling.
- Safety first! Never leave a candle burning unattended, and don’t burn for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Stop burning the candle when only ¼” of wax remains.
- Once the candle is gone, reuse it! We love cleaning out used candle jars and turning them into storage or new planters! Check out a few images below to see how we re-purpose jars.
Safety first - because candles burn and contain a small flame, so we encourage following these common sense rules of thumb:
- Never leave a candle burning unattended, near a draft, or in reach of children or pets.
- Don't burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Do not allow your wick to curl over, as this can create a larger than normal flame.
- Stop burning your candle when only 1/4" of wax remains.
- Do not pick up a burning candle or immediately after it's been blown out.
- Protect the surface underneath the candle no matter the material.
Source: P.F. Candles